Calendar« Return to May 2017 calendar view
Form 990 Reminders | IRS Filing Date For Non-Profits
- Monday, May 15 2017
- Submitted by:
- bdpatoday on May 15, 2013
Charities and Non-Profits
When are Forms 990 due?
Form 990 is due on the 15th day of the 5th month following the end of the organization's taxable year. For organizations on a calendar year (CY), the Form 990 is due on May 15th of the following year.
BDPA Chapters with CY12 from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012 must file Form 990 on or before May 15, 2013.
Form 990-N Requirements (Includes Most Local BDPA Chapters)
- BDPA Chapters with gross receipts "normally" under $25,000 must file Form 990-N (this requirement began in CY07 for tax year 2007).
- Chapter receipts satisfy the "normally" requirement if they averaged $25,000 or less in the prior three (3) consecutive tax years, including the year in which the Chapter's return would be filed.
- For tax year 2010, the $25,000 threshold for filing increased to $50,000, to include more small NPOs to be eligible to file the e-postcard by 2011.
- Form 990-EZ may be used if above listed requirements are not met.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS): http://www.irs.gov
TIP$ and 'Acronyms of the Day" powered by